MultiTree is a searchable database of hypotheses on language relationships.
- compare language trees and access bibliographical information on them
- see a graphical representation of every scholarly hypothesis on language relationships
- view information on every language
- share comments on hypotheses and add new hypotheses (as a registered user)
- access an interactive map of the language or family of your choice through LLMap
In order to view trees, you must have at least version 1.5.0 of Java.
* Click here to test which version you have.
* Click here to download the latest version of Java.
You must also allow pop-ups. Click here for directions.
How to cite MultiTree
2009. Multitree: A digital library of language relationships. Ypsilanti, MI: Institute for Language Information and Technology (LINGUIST List), Eastern Michigan University. http://multitree.org/.